Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Empty

You have been driving for a long while now. As you ease out of a toll booth, you witness the break of dawn. With another hour and a half to go to your destination, you crank up the volume in your stereo system and listen to it for some time. You sing along. But, after a few lines,you switch it off in disgust. It has been a arduous journey and the repetitive rhythm is getting on your nerves . A few minutes pass. The road stretches ahead, not a vehicle in sight. The first rays of the sun break through. It’s a sight to behold. The contrast and the tone, breathtaking. 

This is beautiful. I can finally get the grime off me. If I make it in 45 minutes I’d probably catch a wink before the day starts. Hope the traffic remains lean. Half an hour is better than nothing. Let me switch this thing back on. *Song 25 of 40*. Hmmm, 15 songs in total, one and a half hours, let me see if can reach before the tenth. *blasts off leaving a trail of throbbing beats*

This is beautiful. I should probably stop. I might end up spoiling the mood if  I stop, and even worse decide to get out. Let's go slowly, enjoying the cold breeze, view,*cranks open the window*. Ah! I can always catch up on lost sleep tomorrow. I should definitely have a hot cup of tea somewhere, would complete this perfect picture. Let’s see what are my melodies? Ha *song 25 of 40* I'm in luck... *whistles along as the guitar strums*

what was I thinking about? sleep? coffee? boss? .*blanks*. Hey it has become awfully quiet. *stops accelerating and glides along releasing the gears. The car slowly comes to a stop. everything is quiet, even the crickets are quiet.* what am I doing here? Why am I in the middle of nowhere? Where am I going with this? I have driven all the way here, great!! now what? why can't I go back? What if I take the next left and disappear forever from civilization? Wait, do I have money on me? Do they have ATMs in villages? might be an issue if they don't have. Ok I'll sell this car, maybe.*pauses..... laughs*. Why am I doing this to myself? I should have brought someone along; at the least I wouldn't be having an existential crisis at 6 am. Sun is boring, the grass is boring, the moon is boring, the car is boring, the songs are such a big bore. What is the point of all this? *gets out of the car, takes a deep breath, stretches*. Ok there is no point, let me just get home. * gets in swiftly, revs it up and screams away, the noise of his engine muting his voice.* 

No comments:

Post a Comment